AREAL performance after planned maintenance
In the period of June-July 2015 works of modernizing and fine adjustment of accelerator components and sub-systems were carried out. All the maintenance work was done during the machine performance improvements.
As a result, the Forward RF power reached ~ 6.3 MW and obtained electron beam energy measured ~ 4.7 MeV. After completing necessary adjustment and preparation procedures, a new nominal operation mode is now available for experiments to be carried out.
The performed work included:
- Optimization of cathode position, RF components and gun resonance stability
- Optimization and modernization of gun cooling system
- Measurements and fine tune of High Power RF components
- Optimization of timing and synchronization system
- Maintenance work for all systems
New nominal operation mode is available with the following parameters:
- Energy (max) – 4.7 MeV
- Charge (max) – 10-250 pC
- Bunch Length – 0.4ps – 10ps
- Energy spread – ~1.5 %
- RF Pulse Repetition rate – 1-20 Hz