December 5, 2017
A new Laboratory of Experimental Biology has been established at CANDLE SRI. The new laboratory, being composed mainly of young scientists and students from different fields (molecular physics, chemistry, biology, medicine), aims to advance the bio-medical research and support life science experiments at AREAL and DELTA.
The target research directions of laboratory activities will include:
- Mechanisms for the development and progression of ischemic stroke
- Mechanisms for the development and progression of cancer
- Environmental and biomedical aspects of heavy metal pollution
- Biomedical effects of low-dose ultrashort irradiation
- The search of effective radioprotective, antitumor and anti-aging substances.
The establishment of the new laboratory will certainly enhance the biomedical research in long-term perspective beneficial for the scientific community.